Published or In Press
6. Overbeek AL, Galla SJ, Brown L, Thyne C, Maloney RF, Steeves TE (Accepted with Minor Revisions) Pedigree validation using genetic markers in an intensively-managed taonga species, the critically endangered kakī (Himantopus novaezelandiae). Notornis.
5. Galla SJ, Moraga R, Brown L, Cleland S, Hoeppner MP, Maloney RF, Richardson A, Slater L, Santure AW, Steeves TE (2020) A comparison of pedigree, genetic, and genomic estimates of relatedness for informing pairing decisions in two critically endangered birds: Implications for conservation breeding programmes worldwide. Evolutionary Applications, 13(5), 991-1008.
4. Galla SJ, Forsdick NJ, Brown L, Hoeppner MP, Knapp M, Maloney RF, Moraga R, Santure AW, Steeves TE (2019) Reference genomes from distantly related species can be used for discovery of single nucleotide polymorphisms to inform conservation management. Genes, 10 (1), DOI: 10.3390.
3. Galla SJ, Buckley TR, Elshire R, Hale ML, Knapp M, McCallum J, Moraga R, Santure AW, Wilcox P, Steeves TE (2016) Building strong relationships between conservation genetics and primary industry leads to mutually beneficial genomic advances. Molecular Ecology, 25, 5267-5281.
2. Galla SJ, Johnson JA (2015) Influence of differential introgression and effective size of marker type on phylogenetic inference of a recently divergent group of polygynous grouse. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 84: 1-13.
1. Galla SJ, Viers BL, Gradie PE, Saar DE (2009) Morus murrayana (Moraceae): a new mulberry from eastern North America. Phytologia, 91(1): 105-116.
7. Galla SJ, Wojahn JMA, Buerki S (In prep). Predicting genes underlying adaptive potential of plants in response to drought.