12. Robb BC, Olsoy PJ, Mitchell JJ, Caughlin TT, Delparte DM, Galla SJ, Fremgen-Tarantino MR, Nobler JD, Rachlow JL, Shipley LA, Sorensen Forbey J (Accepted) Near-infrared spectroscopy aids ecological restoration by classifying variation of taxonomy and phenology of a native shrub. Restoration Ecology. DOI: 10.1111/rec.13584
11. Melton A, Beck J, Galla SJ, Jenkins J, Handley L, Kim M, Grimwood J, Schmutz J, Richardson B, Serpe M, Novak S, Buerki, S (Accepted) Reversing the genome-to-phenome research pipeline: a draft genome provides hypotheses on drought tolerance in a keystone plant species in western North America threatened by climate change. Ecology and Evolution. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1002/ece3.8245
10. Rohn T, Beck J, Galla SJ, Isho NF, Pollock TB, Suresh T, Kulkarni A, Sanghal T, Hayden EJ (Accepted) Fragmentation of Apolipoprotein E4 is Required for Differential Expression of Inflammation and Activation Related Genes in Microglia Cells. International Journal of Neurodegenerative Disorders, 4(1):1-9.
9. Galla SJ, Brown L, Couch-Lewis Y, Cubrinovska I, Eason D, Gooley RM, Hamilton JA, Heath JA, Hauser SS, Latch EK, Matocq MD, Richardson A, Wold JR, Hogg CJ, Santure AW, Steeves TE (In Press). The relevance of pedigrees in the conservation genomics era. Molecular Ecology. https://doi.org/10.1111/mec.16192
8. Wold JR, Galla SJ, Eccles D, Hogg CJ, Koepfli KP, Le Lec M, Guhlin J, Roberts J, Price K, Steeves TE (In Press) Expanding the conservation genomics toolbox: incorporating structural variants to enhance functional studies for species of conservation concern. Invited Submission to the Molecular Ecology Special Issue on Whole Genome Sequencing. https://doi.org/10.1111/mec.16141
7. Wojahn JMA, Galla SJ, Melton AE, Buerki S (2021). G2PMineR: A genome to phenome literature review approach. Genes, 12(2): 293.
6. Overbeek AL and Galla SJ (co-first author), Brown L, Thyne C, Maloney RF, Steeves TE (In Press) Pedigree validation using genetic markers in an intensively-managed taonga species, the critically endangered kakī (Himantopus novaezelandiae). Notornis Special Issue on Wading Birds.
5. Galla SJ, Moraga R, Brown L, Cleland S, Hoeppner MP, Maloney RF, Richardson A, Slater L, Santure AW, Steeves TE (2020) A comparison of pedigree, genetic, and genomic estimates of relatedness for informing pairing decisions in two critically endangered birds: Implications for conservation breeding programmes worldwide. Evolutionary Applications, 13(5), 991-1008.
4. Galla SJ, Forsdick NJ, Brown L, Hoeppner MP, Knapp M, Maloney RF, Moraga R, Santure AW, Steeves TE (2019) Reference genomes from distantly related species can be used for discovery of single nucleotide polymorphisms to inform conservation management. Genes, 10 (1), DOI: 10.3390.
3. Galla SJ, Buckley TR, Elshire R, Hale ML, Knapp M, McCallum J, Moraga R, Santure AW, Wilcox P, Steeves TE (2016) Building strong relationships between conservation genetics and primary industry leads to mutually beneficial genomic advances. Molecular Ecology, 25, 5267-5281.
2. Galla SJ, Johnson JA (2015) Influence of differential introgression and effective size of marker type on phylogenetic inference of a recently divergent group of polygynous grouse. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 84: 1-13.
1. Galla SJ, Viers BL, Gradie PE, Saar DE (2009) Morus murrayana (Moraceae): a new mulberry from eastern North America. Phytologia, 91(1): 105-116.
Hauser SS, Galla SJ, Steeves TE, Latch EK (In Review). Comparing approaches for generating genomic-based estimates of relatedness for use in pedigree-based management. Molecular Ecology Resources. BioRxiv Prepring here.
Forsdick NG, Adams CIM, Alexander, Clark AC, Collier-Robinson L, Cubrinovska I, Croll Dowgray M, Dowle EJ, Duntsch L, Galla SJ, Howell L, Magid M, Rayne A, Verry AJF, Wold JR, Steeves TE. (In Review) Current applications and future promise of genetic/genomic data for conservation in an Aotearoa New Zealand context. Invited Submission to the New Zealand Department of Conservation Science for Conservation Series. EcoEvoRxiv Preprint here.
Digby A, Eason D, Catalina A, Kākāpō Recovery Programme, Lierz M, Galla SJ, Urban L, Le Lec MF, Joustra T, Guhlin J, Lees C, Steeves T, Dearden PK, Vercoe D (Submitted). Hidden impacts of conservation management on fertility of the critically endangered kakapo. PeerJ.
Galla SJ, Melton A, Demaguit C, Wojahn JMA, Foreby J, Martinez P, Buerki S (In Prep). A meta-analysis and review of genes underlying adaptive capacity of plants towards drought. Target Journal: Ecology Letters.
Galla SJ, et al. (In Prep). Incorporating diet-mediated body condition into individual-based models to forecast population dynamics in a vertebrate herbivore. Target Journal: Restoration Ecology.
Heath JA, Galla SJ, Bossu C, Hunt A, Fischer R, Steenhof K, Ruegg K (In Prep). Genetic markers underpin laydate shifts in response to climate change in two distinct populations of American Kestrels (Falco sparverius) Target Journal: Nature Climate Change.
Galla SJ, Pauli BP, Winiarski J, Powers BF, Steenhof K,Heath JA (In Prep). Creating a genetically explicit individual-based model to study migratory bird responses to climate driven phenology shifts Target Journal: Molecular Ecology Resources.
Rob BC and Galla SJ (co first authors), Caughlin TT, Mitchell JJ, Olsoy PJ, Nobler JD, Gremgen MR, Delparte DM, Shipley LA, Rachlow JL, Dadabay C, Forbey JS (In Prep). Near infrared spectrosocopy predicts sagebrush phytochemicals and herbivory. Target Journal: Proceedings of the National Academy of Science.